Australia – A Dream Destination For Students
As the financial conditions of Middle Class are improving as a reason of the same the trend and popularity of foreign education is increasing in India. Initially the alignment of students was towards United Kingdom & United States of America but expensive education and changed rules related to foreign students worked in favor of Australia and helped it emerge as one of the new destination among students willing for higher education abroad.
Some other reasons which helped Australia to grow as an International Study Destination for Indian students are somewhat similar education system, flexible visa norms and uncompromised level of education at an economical price.
At present Australia houses more than 20 top rated Universities as per the rankings provided by Times Higher Education World University Ranking and QS World University Ranking. Let us have a look at some figures and other information related to Australia, and its education system:
- Presently Australia is home to 5 lakh international students from various parts of the globe.
- By June 2015, more than 460,000 overseas students enrolled in various courses across all international education sectors in Australia.
- The International education activities in Australia contributed $16.3 billion in export income to the economy and are the largest service export of the country.
- India was at second place in terms of students enrolled in All Sector Year to Date Enrolments by Top 10 Nationalities by State/Territory for June 2015.
Let us have a look at some of the popular fields of study in Australia:
- Society & Culture
- Architecture & Building
- Information Technology
- Mixed Field Programmes
- Natural & Physical Science
- Management & Commerce
- Engineering & Related Technology
- Food, Hospitality &Personal Services
- Agriculture, environment & related studies
The top 10 universities of Australia are:
- The Australian National University
- University of Melbourne
- University of Sydney
- University of Queensland
- Monash University
- University of New South Wales
- University of Western Australia
- University of Adelaide
- University of Auckland
- University of Technology, Sydney
One other significant factor which helped in popularizing Australia as a favourite international study destination was the easy availability of scholarship by either Australian/Indian Government, Australian Universities or by other organizations in India. Name of some of the scholarships offered to Study in Australia are as follow:
- By Australian Government:
- Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- International Post Graduate Research Scholarship
- By Australian Universities:
- Ashok Khurana Scholarships Program
- Melbourne International Research Scholarships
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Sydney Achievers International Scholarships
- Adelaide International Undergraduate Scholarship
- Deakin University Scholarship for Master’s Program
- Macquarie University International Scholarships
- Some other fellowships to Study in Australia
- IWC Masters Scholarships
- UOW Bradman Foundation Scholarship Scheme
- University of Queensland MBA Scholarship
- TOEFL Scholarship Program