10 Droid Apps You Can’t Find on the iPhoneThere are many unique Android applications that simply can’t be found on the iPhone. Many of these applications highlight issues that the iOS platform has. As an example, the iPhone doesn’t allow users the freedom to install applications that will download things directly to their phone or reflash the phone with custom options. Many of these incredible applications are completely free and trustworthy, and they can be used by both casual users and power users alike.
1. Swype KeyboardOne of the major reasons many people stay with the Android phone is actually because of Swype. Casual users love the ability to quickly jot out text through their Swype software, which offers gesture-based predictive text and often allows individuals to type out large volumes of information quickly.
5. WinampIf you want to listen to music, Winamp is one of the best solutions. Winamp has been a popular music player for many years and, of course, it cannot be used on phones with a proprietary system like the Apple iOS. Winamp allows you to create playlists, shuffle your items and more. says Android expert Scott Garcia. “By erasing your history regularly, data thieves won’t even know where to look.”
9. TaskerThe Tasker is a system that can automatically set certain tasks to run within your phone, such as creating specific triggers for events, like sending out a text message. Tasker is a fairly comprehensive program that is very useful for power users that want to customize their program.
10. ROM ManagerROM Manager is something that shows the true power of the Android device. ROM Manager allows you to run custom ROMs as you desire; you can download them, install them and switch between them as you desire. What’s a ROM? A ROM can change pretty much every aspect of your phone. Many custom ROMs offer higher performance to phones or numerous custom options. Remember to always use caution when you’re installing a new Android application. Ideally, you should install a system such as AVG or Norton Antivirus before you begin installing other applications. There are many malicious programs and viruses out in the Android marketplace, as well as programs that are simply poorly coded. Downloading an app that is reputable and has solid reviews is an excellent way to protect yourself.
- License: Image author owned