Flexibility is the biggest advantage of part time jobs. They work less than a full time day when compared with full time workers. They have time to complete other important activities like attending school, recovering from a disease or working at another job for extra income. Sometimes personal reasons are responsible for choosing part time jobs in Dubai while many people tend to look at their absolute dollar income. However, other important factors to include in the equation are health, transportation costs and family considerations. Expats more commonly in the city often do part time jobs to add extra income to their pocket.
Have a look at the list of part time jobs to earn money at your own pace and convenience:
- Freelance ad posting Jobs
- Online Typing Jobs
- SMS sending jobs
- Freelance Data Entry Jobs
- Freelance content writing Jobs
- Teaching Jobs
- Fitness instructor
- Dog sitter
- Resident Assistant
- Office Assistant
- SEO/ SEM
- Graphic designing
- Translator jobs.
While some part time jobs require knowledge or skills to perform a function or activity while some doesn’t require any skills. Depending upon the skills some can opt for professional part time jobs like SEO/ SEM, teaching etc. while jobs which doesn’t require any skills include babysitting, SMS sending jobs etc.
Advantages of working part time over full time:
- Free Time to Pursue Other Projects and Activities– A person who cannot find employment in the field of his choice as he lacks the required academic credentials may elect to work only part-time, this way freeing up time to spend on taking classes necessary to obtain the professional certification required
- New Job Opportunities– Working part-time is one of the way of gaining experience and training in an unrelated field. An employer may not be willing to recruit an inexperienced person on a full-time basis, but he may intend to hire a person on a part-time basis who is showing an enthusiasm to learn the job responsibilities.
- Reduced Stress Levels and hence Improved Health– work from home allows people in getting back to their exercise routine which ultimately leads to improvement in overall health.
- Saving Money on Transportation Costs- as we all know while going to office we ought to travel via public transport vehicle or personal vehicle both of them consumes time and energy. Those who are working on part time basis don’t face such situation.
How to get part time jobs in Dubai
The people who are resident of Dubai they just need to find out jobs but those who are not residents of the city need to follow some steps:
- They should apply for part time work permit
- Their age should be above 18 years.
- Employees registered at the Ministry who hold valid labor cards can apply for part time jobs
- One of the most important documents for obtaining your part-time work permit is a No Objection Certificate from your existing employer to avoid any problem.
After getting part time work permit it must be renewed from time to time as the validity is only for one year.
Like we all know everything has two sides the positive side and the negative side.
- Lower Income- When you are working fewer hours, you will, of course, make less money so one cannot consider it for earning large income.
- Less Advancement Opportunities – It can be difficult for a part-time employee to move up within an organization when they are not present as much as their full-time coworkers. If a person is very much serious about moving up in an organization, you need to show your commitment and desire to an extent so that the recruiters doesn’t have the perception of your seriousness.
There are some limitations associated with the part time jobs in Dubai but no large enough to counteract the advantages of part time jobs.
Author Bio: A writer by profession, is currently focusing her writing on the extensive domain of employment. She has written various articles, news stories and blog posts on job search and hiring. The above article is a compilation of facts and discusses job search on the internet.