In Indian fashion, the garment that stands out because of its grace and timeless elegance is the saree. This well known traditional clothing item is versatile and continues to be an integral aspect of India’s rich culture. It is not surprising to note that the saree has gained popularity rapidly around the world and women everywhere are wearing it.
Variety of Sarees
- From globally recognized designers to celebrities, diverse groups of people appreciate the beautiful Indian garment. With the ongoing popularity of the saree, there has been a subsequent increase in demand for it.
- This elegant outfit is available in a range of colors and designs. Although sarees have similar features, they vary in terms of intricate details and overall design.
- Knowing what the variety of sarees entails involves being aware of what the garment consists of. The saree is a long cloth that is worn by wrapping it around the waistline in a particular style and draping it across the body. A blouse and a petticoat are worn beneath the cloth to enhance structure and provide coverage.
- There are different types of Indian sarees to make a selection from as well as fabrics that include linen, cotton and silk. The varieties are influenced by the regions they are derived from, with each region being known for its distinct saree style. The saree style also determines aspects such as patterns and designs.
- Some sarees are woven and embroidered by hand while others are printed. There is a large variety of beautifully printed sarees online. In order for you to wear a saree effectively, you need to find a suitable one.
Women are advised to choose sarees according to their body types and the occasions that they are meant for. You also need to consider your personal sense of fashion and comfort. If you require a saree for a party where you expect to move around a lot or dance, cotton sarees are ideal because they are comfortable and ease freedom of movement.
In line with the festive spirit of occasions such as parties or festivals, mirror work and bright colors will set the mood. A good option for a saree that will be worn at work is a printed saree made from cotton to ensure that you remain comfortably stylish. In an office or working environment, the designs on your printed saree should ideally be subtle.
Sarees for Everyone
Slender women can try out sarees made from fabrics such as chiffon while curvier women can opt for silk that accentuates their body shape. Your saree will look perfect when you style it appropriately. Achieving the authentic saree appearance requires the right items. The items you need for styling your saree include accessories, jewelry, makeup and blouses.
The first step to wearing a saree perfectly is choosing one that suits your body type. This is followed by selecting an appropriate blouse. The blouse is important because it has a significant effect on your overall look. Indian jewelry works well with sarees, especially if you are wearing a traditional one. You can also combine your sarees with contemporary jewelry.
Wendy James is a fashion blogger and stylist who contributes regularly to different publications. For more about printed sarees online click here.